Thursday 2 December 2010

Post from the website

Now that I'm posting about the King's Cup here, I'm copy/pasting the original couple of mini-posts from over at the Xena website....

2 Dec 10:30: Just in Comment below from Rick "Strompfy" who unfortunately is a last-minute pull-out as he has business to attend to in China. [PF resisting temptation here to go sideways into discussion of China economy issues, wage and price inflation, business difficulties... resist, resist...]:

2 Dec 10:20: excitement building.  Stevo just in with comment on who won't be there: Aussie Maid.  Other than that, 13 entries (Le Ro is out) and some strong competition...
I see we don’t get to race Aussie MaidAfter just beating them again at Raja Muda, I was on a hat trick. Gutted.

2 Dec 10:00 Hong Kong Time:  OK, so I'm committing to write up a bit of a bloglet here of Xena's King's cup campaign. Grant & Iris Bartlett and "the Boyz" (Noel and Jose), who delivered Xena to Phuket are currently in Yacht Haven, Phuket, getting all the cruising gear and other rubbish off the boat and stored in a rented space onshore.  The plan is to sail her down to Kata Beach tomorrow, 3 December.  Klaus, "TC" and Stevo are there too, helping out: thanks guys!
From Grant yesterday (1 Dec):
My Plan is to be here at Yacht Haven until high water at 11 a.m. on the 3rd of Dec.. then to Kata. 
Had dinner with Simon Pickering and Benny off  'Moonblue 2'  last night...they said  Buga you Grant we're watching all that weight going up the dock..and we're already giving you time on handicap..Ha Ha ......I've told them we haven't finished yet guys.......more to go!!

1 comment:

  1. From Strompfy --
    Hi Peter,
    This is great to hear as I can at least feel part of the Xena team while here in HK. I want to wish You/Jing and the whole team the best from me. I will be following the results daily. I am so sad about not making it this year as was so looking forward to it.
    So have a great time and kick butt! I think Xena has a great chance,
    cheers
    Rick

    ReplyDelete