Thursday 15 March 2012

Pit on his way: anyone for Kudu Biltong? Yum!

Email from my South African sailing mate, who joins us for the Subic race: (anyone got some wet weather gear he could borrow?  Size: medium: see at left)

Hello Peter,

Just a last mail before I am on my way. I have to travel to Germany and am coming to Hong Kong, after visiting a client in Bangkok. Surely I will call you after my arrival which is the 29th (for the APLF). Have booked me into the Cosmopolitan Hotel just for the days of the fair.

As well I tried to sail before I fly, but due to business obligations I did not get a chance. But certainly you and the team will get me going again quickly. Looking forward to this joint adventure. Hope I do not get sea sick, like during the first two days after leaving Antigua.

Is there anything specific? I see night temperatures are pretty cool; I need to bring some warm stuff?
As I come from SA through Germany and Thailand I am afraid I can not bring Biltong! That will be confiscated.
Is there something you would like to have and I could bring but will not be a problem?

Looking forward to meet all of you.
Best regards
Pit
 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Peter,

    Thanks for coming back. I have wet weather gear and bring it along incl boots. But I assume pullover would be good too? I do not have is a live jacket. Do you have on board??

    tschau
    Pit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Xena #4 is for you.
    See crew list here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pit: bring Biltong if you can! There will be no problem bringing in to HK.

    ReplyDelete